Make a donation to the Evans Center Inc and receive a tax credit or sales tax refund. As your business benefits, so too will the Evans Center Inc economic development project in the Powell Subdivision of Palm Bay/Melbourne. Help us bring healthy, affordable foods; youth job training; and health care to this low-income community.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE? Florida businesses that donate to approved community development projects, including EvansCenter.
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT TO MY BUSINESS? The Community Contribution Tax Credit Program (CCTCP) provides the following financial advantages:
- Businesses receive up to 50% in tax credits or direct sales tax refunds on donations of up to $400,000 made in one business tax year.
- Tax credits may be taken on Florida corporate income taxes or insurance premium taxes
- Cash refunds are received against sales taxes that have been collected and remitted to the Department of Revenue
- A 5 year carry forward provision is available for any unused portion of the corporate income tax credit (sales tax refunds are available for up to 3 yrs after the 1st application)
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE? It’s easy! Follow these simple steps:
- (#1) Make a donation to Evans Center, Inc
- (#2) Submit a tax credit application (FORM 8E-17TCA#01) with the Department of Economic Opportunity.
- To claim the tax credit, attach proof of the approved donation when filing your tax return
- To claim a sales tax refund, complete steps 1 & 2, and then submit an Application for a Sales Tax Refund (Form DR-26S)
WE WILL HELP! While the forms are simple, we are available to help complete them, to provide proof of your donation, and to answer questions. Please contact Evans Center Manager, Lynn Brockwell-Carey / 321-591-6683 / email@example.com
WHEN SHOULD I MAKE A DONATION? The tax credit program has been approved through FY 2018. To benefit as soon as possible, donations should be made in the business tax year that includes July 1, 2018. Tax credit applications must be submitted between July 1 – 15, 2018.
- This summary is based on Florida Statutes (sections 212.08 (5) (p), 220.183 and 624.5105)
- Website: http://www.floridajobs.org/business-growth-and-partnerships/for-businesses-and-entrepreneurs/business-resources/community-contribution-tax-credit-program
- Dept of Economic Opport. Burt Von Hoff / firstname.lastname@example.org